Although my was career Navy I have spent practically my entire life in Northern Virginia. I am as close to being "born & raised" here as you can get. I was graduated from Thomas High School. Upon graduation, I and was graduated from General Motors Training Center. I then went on to North Carolina State University, Northern Virginia Community College and George Mason University. I have a degree in Business Administration specializing in Marketing & Management. While working my way through college as a plumber I earned a Masters License in plumbing from the Commonwealth of Virginia.
I am a licensed Real Estate broker, not just an agent. I am also a graduate of the Realtors Institute, earning the prestigious GRI designation. This designation is obtained by less than 9% of all Realtors. I have earned my Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation. This is a national designation of which I am very proud. Less than 1% of all Realtors ever achieve this designation. I have also earned my Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR) designation, my CDPE and e-Pro Designation. I attend on a regular basis numerous classes and seminars to finely hone my real estate skills.
I am presently a licensed Associate Broker with Long & Foster's Top Producing office and I have an active Principal Broker's License. I am a member of the Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS®, the Virginia Association of REALTORS®, the National Association of REALTORS®, the Residential Sales Council, the Long & Foster Masters Club and the NVAR 50 Million Dollar + Yearly Sales Club.I have spent my entire career with Long & Foster, am a member of their "Hall of Fame" and consistently reach their "Top 5 Agents" company wide. I am active at our local board and serve currently on the Grievance Committee. I am recognized as one of the Top 10 Agents in the area by the Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS® and have been every year since 1993. Also, most recently, one of Washingtonian's Best 2016!
I own a home in Centreville and reside there with my wife, Donna & our 4 children, Christine, Rachael, Rebecca & Hannah. I devote a lot of my time to community affairs and regularly attend special meetings concerning the community. I am the Past President of the Centreville Historical Society and attend various committees concerning land use.
When I am not working around the house I spend what little spare time I have reading, fishing, relic hunting or dabbling on the computer.
One of the things I enjoy most about my work is working with people. I look forward to working with you.
Credits & AccomplishmentsMember of:
- N.V.A.R. Grievance Committee
- N.V.A.R. Professional Standards Committee
- Life Member N.V.A.R. Million Dollar Sales Club
- Life Member N.V.A.R. Top Producers
- Long & Foster Corporate Relocation Specialist
- Long & Foster Gold Team
- Lifetime Member Long & Foster Masters Club
- Life Member Long & Foster Hall of Fame
- Residential Sales Council
- Virginia Association of Realtors
- Immediate Past President, Centreville Historic Society
- N.V.R.H.A. Northern Virginia Relic Hunters Association
- National Association of Realtors
- Realty Alliance
- Real Estate Masters Guild
- Centreville Historic Society
- Overall Office Top Producer 1993 to date
- Overall Top Listing Agent 1993 to date
- Long & Foster Top 15 Total Production 1993 to date
- Long & Foster Top 15 Total Units Sold 1993 to date
- N.V.A.R. Top 20 Volume Sold (1997, 99, 2000-to date)
- N.V.A.R. Top 20 Unit Sold (1997- to date)
- N.V.A.R. Top 10 Small Teams (2006-to date)
- Associate Broker
- Realty Alliance Top 1% Nationwide
- GRI (Graduate Realtor Institute); only 9% of all Realtors nationally hold this designation
- CRS (Certified Residential Specialist); only 3% of all Realtors nationally hold this designation
- ABR (Accredited Buyers Representative); only 2% of all Realtors nationally hold this designation
- CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
As a full-time professional Spencer has built a solid reputation through his extensive knowledge and by providing dedicated, quality service. The blending of his experience and knowledge with the sophisticated tools & strengths of Long & Foster assures you the competitive edge in today's real estate market.